A Vacuum cleaner is an electrical machine which helps you to clean the dust and other un-useful particles from the floor or other surfaces. The Vacuum cleaner always deals with dust and dirty things.
So, how should you clean your vacuum cleaner?
It is a very complex machine and quite hard to clean it. But once you clean it; will be easy further time. Here is something to tell you make it easy and comfortable. I hope this will be saved your time and energy while cleaning home.
Further, every vacuum has its own structure and materials. So please see the user manual of your vacuum cleaner and follow my instruction to clean with it.
- Dish Soap
- Garbage Bag
- Used and unusual toothbrush (recommended)
- Microfiber Cloth
- Cleaning Spray
- Hand Gloves
Warning: Must have to follow them
- Make sure you clean your vacuum at a large ventilated room or outside. Because it is going to create a lot of unusual stuff. I prefer to do it outside. You can also clean it in the roof.
- Make sure your cleaner is unplugged.
- See the user manual and understand the property of your machine.
- Use mask and hand globes for safety.
How to Clean Vacuum Cleaner: Step by Step Process
First of all, open the vacuum and separate its body like Filter, Canister, bidder bar etc. Let’s start with the Filter.
A Filter is the most significant part of a vacuum cleaner. Filter grabs nasty dust and particles. So cleaning filter should be your first priority during cleaning a vacuum cleaner.
Most of the vacuum these days have a washable filter. But make sure your vacuum contains a washable filter. If not, then skip this part of cleaning and replace the filter with a new one. Let’s see the step by step process of cleaning the filter.
- Remove the filter from the vacuum.
- Shake it or tap it with something so that everything comes out from it.
- Wash it under cold water for several minutes.
- Leave it flat to dry.
- Dry for at least 24 hours and do not put it into vacuum until it becomes completely dry.
Every waste is stored in a canister. If your vacuum canister is packed or boxed then you should follow these steps to clean the canister.
Otherwise, you will have to buy a new canister. Almost every new vacuum cleaner has a canister with box.
- Separate canister from other parts of the vacuum.
- Put the waste of canister to a garbage bag and through them to a dustbin.
- Separate the larger component or box from the canister.
- Wash it with dish soap and water.
- Dry it for 24 hours.
- Use a toothbrush to clean the inside parts of the canister. You can use cleaning spray for the inner parts of the canister.
- You can use a microfiber cloth to dry the inner section.
Bidder Bar has nasty dust, hair and other particles section. Bidder bar is structured under the vacuum stick. You will see a lot of hair is stuck in the bidder bar. So follow the steps to clean the bidder brush to make it faster to work.
- Put out the bidder bar from the vacuum.
- Cut all hair from the bidder bar by scissor so that they can be removed easily.
- Remove all the hair by hands.
- Just rub it by the toothbrush. Don’t wash it by water.
- Put the bidder bar where it belongs.
The Vacuum cleaner contains a lot of attachments like, creative tool, dusting brush, ceiling fan etc. These are also important parts of a vacuum cleaner. So it is very significant to wash them up. Separate every other attachment from the vacuum cleaner.
- Make dish soap water and put them in it.
- Wash them clearly.
- If you see any hair on them, use a toothbrush to clean them.
- Lastly, wash them under normal water.
- Keep them flat for 24 hours to become dry.
Why Should You Clean Your Vacuum Cleaner?
- Because of the dust, a vacuum cleaner will work slower and will not drag dust well.
- As there will be hair on the floor, the brush collects hairs from the floor. Hair will make brushes stuck and brushes will be unable to do their job.
- A dirty vacuum cleaner smells horrible. You can’t stay in front of it because of the smells. The time awkward smells come out from a vacuum cleaner, it means your vacuum is dirty enough and you need to clean it.
How Often Should Clean My Vacuum Cleaner?
Actually it depends on using. If you are using vacuum cleaner daily basis and your area is big enough, you should clean your vacuum in every 3 months. But if you are barely using it, then don’t need to have hurry.
Fresh vacuum cleaner is one of the most important accessories of our home. It helps us to clean dust, dirt and dirty obstacles from our house. It is very significant to clean our vacuum cleaner in proper time before it stop or any accident. Otherwise, it will work slowly and you won’t get sufficient result from it. So stay with us and read more about Vacuum cleaner and buy the cleaning tools.